Sunday, March 17, 2013

For Former Buffalonians



There was a song put out a few years ago by a Buffalo raised recording artist, Greg Klyma, titled Two Degrees In Buffalo.  It is a very catchy tune and has been buzzing in my head for the past year since I heard it.  It is a great Boost Buffalo kind of song and a great thing to send former area residents who have moved out of the area.  Lots of plugs and local connections.  I especially am connected to the reference to Father Baker's Home.  When I was a kid of about 6 and apparently being bad, my parents pulled up to front of OLV basilica, let me out of the car and told me they were leaving me at Father Baker's Home for bad little boys.  I screamed and cried; they drove ten feet away, then came back and got me upon my promises to forever be good.  Later as an adult I became a staff member at Baker Hall for a couple years and remembered thinking that if I had known the place offered everything it did,  I should have just waved goodbye and stayed.  Not really, but the reference does bring a smile to my face as I hope the video of the song does to you all as well as prompts you to forward it to your out of town friends who no longer live in the fine city and area that I have spent my whole life in and am so proud of being a part of.   So here is the link to a video of  Two Degrees In Buffalo by Greg Klyma.  I hope you enjoy it.

                                           youtube.com/watch?v=c6m7323k40g

1 comment: