Thursday, February 14, 2013

HELP THE BLOG!




     It is time to stop and take a breath and introduce myself.  I am George Struebel.  I started as a docent this past year at Graycliff after retiring and sought a bit more involvement than just leading tours.  I felt more communication was necessary for volunteers; others agreed and as a result, this blog was created.

      Since I was bold enough to open my mouth, I was asked to manage the blog.  Since I normally don't run from a challenge, I agreed and now here we are.  However, to make this blog work for us all I need your help.  I need you to send me ideas, information, tidbits of info happening on your tours, things people might comment to you while on tours, in short anything that other volunteers might be interested in knowing about.  Send me questions you want answers to, issues that you feel may need to be addressed, whatever strikes your fancy!  It's a blog and it is for us, the volunteers who breathe life into Graycliff. So, if you have anything that you think other volunteers could benefit from, send it to me and I will try to either respond or work it into the blog, or both.  It can be links to other sites, articles, videos, or suggestions for changes or improvements, or anything else that is a topic related to Graycliff, or culture or education in general.  HELP!!  I'll take whatever you want to send!  The more variety, the more interesting the blog can be.

     You can send anything you have to me on my email.  I have posted it as a link below and you can save it to your favorites or make me one of your email contacts so that you have it on your computer

                                                    gds2146@hotmail.com.

The idea behind establishing this blog was that volunteers do not normally have a venue to coomunicate and share with each other.  The people I have met to date are a great bunch of dedicated souls.  Help me make this blog a way to better connect us all.  At the very least let me know what you think of the blog or how it should be changed or what it should include.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment